So I sat down this morning to try and put some work into my little blog and found a nice little note in the feedback section (no ones ever messaged me there before). I have been nominated for a Leibster Award by a fellow blogger!
Big Thank You to Melissa @ Mint Tea and Elephants for nominating me!
What is a Leibster Award you might ask? Because I certainly had to! (thank you google). This is an award given by Bloggers to Bloggers to let each other know that we think they are doing a great job! It also seems to be our version of one of those old school email chain letters where you answer a bunch of personal questions about yourself and then send it off to others to do the same!
Without further ado, here are my answers to Melissa’s 11 Questions and 11 Random Facts about ME~ please read to the end to see my nominations!
What’s your sacred morning ritual?
Coffee…it’s all about the coffee! I drink the coffee and then I do the stuff… sometimes I even make it to the gym in the morning… that’s when the coffee is strong.
If you had the money to do absolutely anything, what would you do with your life?
Travel everywhere! See everything!
What is the best meal you’ve ever had?
oo tough one.. I love food! Like a lot! So I wont go by the quality of the food but by the company that I kept. The best meals I ever ate were the ones where I was surrounded by my family, everyone laughing and talking and sharing and loving… and gorging on delicious food. I have been blessed with some great cooks in my family!
Poets have done it for centuries, but how would you describe being in love?
Being in Love is being able to sit in silence with a person, doing absolutely nothing and being over the moon happy about it. Love is aching to see that person, even when they have just gone to run errands. Love is the ability to cure all that ails you with a hug and a kiss on the forehead. I Love my Love!
Have you ever seen a ghost?
No but we did have this creepy moment after my grandmas passed where my 3 year old cousin came out of her room and told us there was an old lady with white hair in her room, and that she came to check on my brother and I. I have no doubts that they are real!
If you could impart one bit of advice for future generations, what would it be?
Dear Future generations, save our planet, stay fit throughout your life and travel the world!
What is your earliest childhood memory?
Probably watching cartoons on Saturday morning with my brother, eating cereal in front of the TV. Oh happy simple days.
When you feel as if the weight of the world is on your shoulders, how do you unwind?
I hide under the blankets and ignore it all until it goes away… I’m not particularly good at stress.
What movie do you watch over and over and over again?
You can have any superpower you want, what would it be?
I want to fly! Looks like fun and it would be so freeing!
Describe your blog in three words.
Health, Happiness + Simplicity
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I have 2 diplomas in two different health care fields (Human Service Work + Therapist Assistant) and I will soon have my certificate as a personal trainer
- I was born in Red Deer, Alberta
- I married the most amazing man last summer – we met on Craigslist.com
- I’ve never jumped off the high dive
- I’m secretly an 80 year old woman who loves to embroider and sew
- I’m a wicked good baker (and super humble about it)
- I have the shortest attention span and I don’t think I am ever actually truly sitting still
- I love books and I am a total nerd – Harry Potter, dragons and fairies, mystical far off lands – that’s my Jam!
- I listen to more books then I actually sit down and read (see fact 7)
- I am almost 30 and I don’t have kids, and I don’t really want kids… and that’s ok!
- When I grow up I am going to find a way to Play for a living!
I have made a few great blogging friends since I started this last September and they are all super deserving of an award!
Now that you have been nominated you have to pass it on, or its something like 80 years bad luck! For real! Here’s the rules ladies!
- In your blog post, thank the person who has nominated you for the award, add a link to their blog, and display your award with pride.
- Answer the eleven questions that the person has asked you.
- Give eleven random facts about yourself.
- Find 5 – 11 blogs that you think deserve this award and nominate them. Let them know that you have nominated them.
- Provide 11 questions prepared by yourself for them to answer.
- List these rules in your blog post.
- Why did you start blogging?
- What drove you to your niche?
- What is your ideal day?
- If you could do any job what would it be?
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
- What keeps you motivated?
- What do you do for fun?
- What is your biggest life goal?
- What is your all time favourite book?
- Where is your happy place?
- What is your motto?
Congrats to all you bloggers out there for getting up and hustling, whether you’re making money or just getting your creative juices flowing! You are adding something beautiful to the world!
Stay Happy Healthy + Keep Adventuring